Well established analytical skills and quality, up-to date equipment
form the foundation of SAL's unique capability. The in-house skills cover
a broad range of specialist techniques, as well as in-depth experience
with a range of industries and their samples.
Below are some of the instrumentation that we use in our laboratories.
As SAL continues to grow, our capacity and our range of techniques increases.
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry.
- GC/TOF for sensitive and rapid analysis
- Headspace Quadrupole and ion trap GC/MS systems
- Quadrupole and ion trap GC/MS systems
- Autospec Ultima High Resolution GC-MS systems
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectroscopy
- Infra-red spectroscopy
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography systems
- Stand alone GC systems with FID, TCD, ECD and NPD detectors
- Ion chromatography
- MALDI-TOF: Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation Time flight Mass Spectrometry.
Provides rapid peptide/protein identification and polymer characterisation.
Each Laboratory has its own independent control over sample reception,
sample preparation, sample extractions and information management, all
operating under Quality Assurance disciplines which are recognised and accredited internationally.